Santa Fe County Fair
The Best FREE Family Fun in Santa Fe County!!!
August 2 - 5, 2017
The County Fair is an annual event that offers youth and adults an opportunity to enter their crafts, food and animals and enjoy some down home good-hearted fun. The Fair is filled with animal shows, free live entertainment, good food and many educational opportunities.
Come join us for the best free family fun in the county!
Are you In 4-H? Enter the County Fair . . .
Are you in 4-H and would like to enter the fair or just need more information? Follow the link below . . .
2017 Santa Fe County Fair Schedule
Sunday, July 30
- 8:30am - Horse Show (Rodeo de Santa Fe Arena)
Monday, July 31
- 1 - 7pm - Check in OPEN ADULT indoor exhibits (Barn)
- 3 - 7pm - Check in OPEN YOUTH AND 4-H indoor exhibits (Barn)
Tuesday, August 1
- 8am - 2pm - Check in all animals for 4-H/FFA
- 5pm - Weigh-in for Broiler and Meat Pen entries
- 6pm - Swine classification
Wednesday, August 2
- 8am - Rabbit Show (Small Animal Tent)
- 10am - Goat Show (Show arena)
- Noon - 2pm - Check in Agricultural products and Floriculture exhibits (Barn)
- 1pm - Lamb Show (Show Arena)
- 4pm-9pm - Rabbit Showmanship (Small Animal Tent)
Thursday, August 3
- 8am - Poultry Show (Small Animal Tent)
- 10am - Swine Show (Show Arena)
- 10am - 7pm - Indoor Exhibits Open to the Public (Barn)
- 2pm - Cattle Shown (Show Arena)
Friday, August 4
- 9am - Round Robin Showmanship (Show Arena)
- 10am - 7pm - Indoor Exhibits Open to the Public (Barn)
- 10am - 2pm - Herding Dog Demonstration (NNM Horsemen's Arena)
- 2:30pm - Livestock Buyers Reception (Portal)
- 4pm - Livestock Auction (Show Arena)
- 8pm - Dance
Saturday, August 5: Family Day at the Fair
- 9am - Santa Fe County 4-H Rodeo (Rodeo de Santa Fe Arena)
- 8am - noon - Dairy Goat (Show Arena)
- 9am - 3pm - Meet a Mule (NNM Horsemen's Arena)
- 10am - 7pm - Indoor exhibits open to public (Barn)
- 1pm - Barnyard Olympics, Free Family Fun and Games (Show Arena)
- 4pm - Salsa Contest and Chile Challenge (Portal)
- 8pm - Dance
Sunday, August 6
- 8am - Santa Fe County 4-H Rodeo (Rodeo de Santa Fe Arena)
- 9am - 11am - Release livestock and small animal exhibits
- 10am - noon - Release indoor exhibits
2017 Fair Exhibitor Book
Any Santa Fe County resident, youth ages 5-19, or adult, is eligible to enter articles in the indoor exhibits. Articles entered must be the work of the exhibitor and must have been completed within the last year. No person is allowed to make more than one entry per class number.
Please refer to the Open Fair Book for additional rules, entry deadlines, and available classes.
Below are the links to the Open Book for Fair Entries and Entry Form
2017 Santa Fe County Fair Adult & Youth Open Classes Book
Be part of the fun! Click on the link above to see what you can enter in the fair. This is an Exhibitors Guide for Adult and Youth Open classes, guidelines, rules and dates.
The Santa Fe County Fair Board has a new and exciting opportunity for open adult exhibitors! If an exhibitor is interested in selling their exhibit (any non-food item)- the fair board is willing to assist with the advertisement. All items that are for sale will be identified with a sticker on the bottom of the entry tag. Interested buyers will contact that exhibitor using the name and phone number as listed on the entry tag. Exhibits shall be claimed upon presentation of exhibitor identification at the close of the fair. All sales are the sole responsibility of the exhibitor and must take place after check out on Sunday.
If you are an exhibitor interested in this opportunity please be sure to check the box in the For Sale column on the registration form for the items that you are interested in selling.
What's Your Price? Test your skills at the Fair!
Put your decision making skills to the test, comparing prices, rules, friendship dilemmas, and budgeting!! Visit our booth at the Fair - Friday, August 4th at: 9am, 11am & 3pm and Saturday, August 5th at: 10:30am, 11:30am & 3pm
Try your athletic prowess at the Barnyard Olympics! The fun will begin at 1:00pm on Saturday, August 5th. The order of events is listed below.
Boot/Shoe race - hosted by Los Amigos 4-H club
Milking Game - hosted by Stanley Spurs 4-H club
Egg Toss - hosted by Wide Horizons 4-H club
Thread the Needle - hosted by Clover Kids 4-H club
Island - hosted by Northern Stars 4-H club
Bean Bag Toss - hosted by Edgewood Chaparrals/4-Seasons 4-H clubs
Farmer John - hosted by Capital City Clovers 4-H club
Tug-O-War - hosted by The 5-Star Club 4-H club
Farm Animal Obstacle Course - hosted by East Mountain Prairie Falcons 4-H club
Balloon Toss - New Generation 4-H club
Master Food Preservers Booth
Are you getting ready to preserve our beautiful fresh produce this year?
Have you been using old information?
Come by our Master Food Preserver booth at the Santa Fe County Fair for the latest, research based, accurate information.
The experts pictured to the left, will be there on Saturday, August 5th from 10am to 6pm to answer questions and give advice on food preservation.
Increasingly consumers have become concerned with chemical preservatives in processed foods. They are turning to locally grown food to alleviate their concerns. With the increase in the availability of locally grown food at Farmers markets, many people are also returning to the tradition of canning, check out our booth at the fair to get more information on canning.
Saturday, August 5, 2017 Santa Fe County Exhibit Hall Portal 4:00 p.m.
- Any Santa Fe County resident or business is eligible to enter. Only one entry per participant.
- All entries must be registered between 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. on August 5, 2017
- Judging will begin at 4:30 p.m. on August 5, 2017.
- All the entries must be made by the participants using an original recipe.
- Participants must have the recipe written on a 5x7 inch index card.
- Winning recipes from previous years may not be entered in the competition.
- Participants must bring a minimum of one pint of prepared salsa and a serving dish.
Chips will be provided for taste testing. The decision of the judges will be final. The public is welcome to taste the salsa after the judging.
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th place ribbons will be awarded. Sponsored by Peaceful Pet Sitters
2017 Salsa Contest Entry Form
Click on link for entry form
Smoker Pit BBQ Contest!
Saturday, August 5, 2017 Santa Fe County Exhibit Hall Portal
- Any Santa Fe County Employee or 4H Family/Individual is eligible to enter. Only one entry per Team/individual participant.
- All entries must be registered by July 31, 2017.
- Judging will begin at 1:30 pm Chicken Thigh, 1:45 pm Pork Ribs, 2:00 pm Tri Tip, on August 05, 2017.
- Styrofoam plate boxes will be provided.
- Solid Fuel Only. An unlimited number of grills may be used.
- Participants are responsible for own equipment, supplies, canopy, etc.
USDA approved meat products. Meat Inspection will be conducted 12 hrs. Prior to cook. The decision of the judges will be final.
Grand and Reserve Smoke/ BBQ Masters will be awarded by Categories
Grand Prize for overall Hi-Point Winner
Smoker Pit BBQ Contest Entry Form
Click on link above for contest entry form
How can I contribute to the Santa Fe County Fair?
Buyers' Guide for the Santa Fe County Fair Junior Livestock Auction
Interested in learning how your family or business may participate in the livestock auction? This link will explain your options.
Santa Fe County 4-H Boosters' Club
Become a member of the Santa Fe County 4-H Boosters Club and support Santa Fe County Fair! Please click the link above for more details.
We are located at:
3229 Rodeo Road Santa Fe, NM 87507
West of the Genoveva Chavez Community Center, East of the Rodeo grounds