Horse, Livestock & Rodeo
All members that intend on showing horses in an official sanctioned 4-H horse show must complete a horse certificate for any horse they might be riding. Members may share horses through the season, but every member has to have a certificate on file for that horse. Our county fair horse show is an official 4-H show so please be sure you complete a certificate if you intend to participate. Horse certificates are due to the extension office by May 1.
All Exhibitor Families! Here are the 2 items you need! You will also get a copy mailed to you!
All Junior Livestock that intend to be exhibited at the Santa Fe County Fair must be tagged. This includes Cloverbud livestock.
Tagging will be a “drive-thru” type event but will be LIVE. You will not have the option to tag your own livestock.
We will be tagging pigs, lambs, and goats
Wednesday, June 2 from 3 pm-7 pm in Stanley
Saturday June 5 from 1:00 pm -4:00 pm in Stanley
All animals that wish to be exhibited at the County Fair in August must be tagged no later than June 5th.
In order to exhibit market livestock at the state fair, animals must be tagged as well as undergo an identification process. According to State Fair we will be pulling DNA samples for those wishing to enter state fair.
There will be a $3.50 fee for each animal tagged. This includes all large livestock (cattle, sheep, goats, and swine). This is a separate fee from fair entries and livestock inspections and will be collected at the time of tagging.
What Do I Need for Tagging?
- Face plates- in state pigs
- Health Papers-out of state pigs
- Know your ear notches- pigs
- Bill of Sale- For livestock inspector
- Money for tags- check or cash
- Money for livestock inspections- Check or cash
- Cloverbuds may be enrolled in “Our Animal Friends”
- They may exhibit livestock at county fair in the Booster Division
- This is a non-competitive show
- Boosters are not eligible for sale slots
- Boosters may share livestock owned by another member as long as the animal has been tagged and the booster is listed on the declaration.